You can quickly solve an HP printer not responding issue by reinstalling the printer driver. Sometimes a file of the device driver might get corrupted so reinstalling the device driver is necessary to rectify the error. The same can be done by below given steps:
1) Press Windows + R on your keyboard and type devmgmt. msc.
2) Select the Printers category. Then pick Uninstall device.
3) Select uninstall the device driver software from the device.
4) Select Devices from the Settings menu.
5) Select Printers & scanners from the left pane.
6) Remove your printer by selecting it and clicking Remove device.
7) When you're finished, click Add a printer or a scanner and choose your printer.
8) The HP printer should respond now.